Hi, I'm Sean
I'm a software engineer with a lifelong passion for solving interesting problems with technology. I am currently a Software Engineer at KAYAK, working on back-end data services. I was previously a graduate student at Tufts University where I earned an MS in Computer Science. I have over 15 years of experience working with Web-oriented software and have been building stuff for the Web since 1999. More recently I have developed additional interest in areas such as distributed systems, blockchain/cryptocurrency, networked applications and data privacy.
I've been fortunate to have worked for a variety of companies in several different industries, and in doing so have utilized many languages, tools, and frameworks on the job. I am comfortable working across the stack and enjoy doing so. Over the years I've had the opportunity to design and build a diverse set of interesting products, which include:
- A machine-learning application for automatically annotating economic and financial documents, complete with a workable web interface for analysts to utilize in their daily work (Python, SciKit-Learn, Ruby on Rails)
- A custom time tracking & time-based client billing application (Ruby on Rails)
- A Nodejs-powered web service for automatically generating ad-placement screenshots, which significantly improved the efficiency of a firm's account management team (Node.js)
- My last name is of German origin, and is pronounced "boot - zee"
- I have visited 17 countries
- I am a musician (piano and guitar) and have written/recorded 2 albums
© 2016 - Sean Butze